Hello friends, welcome back to another blog post on ~Foodie with a Passion~! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend and I know I did because my best friend came to visit us 😍 Before we go any further into the blog, don’t forget to subscribe to ~Foodie with a Passion~ so you don’t miss another post with some Foodie Fun! Also, happy Thanksgiving if you’re in Canada 🇨🇦
Alrighty! So the reason why today’s post is a grocery haul part 1 is that this Thursday is the third Thursday of the month, which means it’s Military discount day at Fred Meyer 😆 I did the first half of grocery shopping for the week and will do the rest of my grocery shopping through most of next week on Thursday. We went shopping at QFC on Sunday for the grocery haul. They’re currently running a promotion that if you buy 5 participating items, all of those items will be $1 off their original price.
- Eggs – like with previous hauls, when you bake, eggs go pretty fast. Also hard boiled eggs for salads. I made quiche this past weekend so eggs were a necessity.
- Johnsonville Brown Sugar and Honey Sausage Links – these were chopped and put in my quiche. One of the Buy-5 items.
- Maple Turkey from the Deli – lunch meat of the week. Was on sale today (this was the sale item at Fred Meyer last week)
- Banana – my banana of the week for oatmeal and cereal
- Cantaloupe – at 79 cents/lb, this is our main fruit for the week
- Spaghetti Squash – normally at $2.49/lb, this was on sale at $1.49/lb. Granted it still cost me a good $5 but we’ve been wanting to make Spaghetti Squash for a meal one night and it’s finally here this week!
- Tillamook Cheese Blocks – we bought 2 since they were also in the Buy-5 promotion. The fiancé wanted to make queso as well and clean funk out of shred cheese, I can shred my own.
- Birds Eye Frozen Veggies – also in the Buy-5 program and I’ve been trying to stock up on frozen veggies for the winter.
- Tostito Scoops – also in the Buy-5 promotion. We already had tortilla chips from when I wanted nachos but it’s not perishable and good for if we have friends over.
- Bell Pepper and Red Onion – both went into the quiche. Produce has gotten so expensive lately!
- Milk – 77 cents with a digital coupon. Steal!
- Heavy Cream – for quiche and possibly mashed potatoes this week.
And there you have it! I hope everyone has a safe week and we’ll see you on Wednesday! Let me know in the comments below if you’re making anything special this week. Until then… signing off!