Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post on ~Foodie with a Passion~! Happy Thursday and wow the first week of January pretty much flew by. I was able to get out for a little bit to go grocery shopping so I’ve got a mini haul for you. Have I gone to work? Not really. We’ve been snowed in for most of the last two weeks. My car can’t even get out from the current spot that I’m parked in and even Hubby’s Dodge Ram slid in our driveway. Anyhow, click that like button so you don’t miss another Foodie Fun 🤩 and let’s get started!
Just a quick trip to QFC for this haul to get what I needed for the week. Mostly the fresh stuff.
- Jazz Apples – we’ve been out of apples for a while and they’re the smaller snacking size since I haven’t been out to Costco. $5.49 for a 3lb bag, which equates to about $1.83/lb. The individual apples were $1.99/lb so it was cheaper to buy the bag today
- Bananas – I made banana bread with the rest of the bananas at home so I replenished with fresh ones
- Red Onions – used up the very last bit for chili earlier this week so we were completely out. Onions are those things where you never know when you might need some so I got a couple to hold us over
- Lemon – we had rockfish this week and a squeeze of lemon always does the trick to brighten the flavor
- Sourdough Baguette – finally gave in and bought Hubby some sourdough for the chili. Except he wanted a loaf of crusty sourdough and not a baguette. I don’t personally like it. I don’t like most sour things
- 18-ct Eggs – I only bought a dozen the last time I went out so I got some more
- Extra Sharp Vermont White Cheddar – I don’t like sharp cheddar but white cheddar is different. I kind of splurged
And there we have it! Let me know in the comments below how your weather is looking and until then…signing off!