Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post on ~Foodie with a Passion~! Happy Tuesday everyone and hope everyone had a great weekend. Todays Foodie Post is my Asian Market shopping I did to get ready for the Japanese New Years! But before we get started, remember to click subscribe so you don’t miss another Foodie Fun 🤩
Alrighty! So I grabbed a few things from Central Market so let’s get started!
- Soba (Buckwheat) Noodles: traditionally you order take out noodles because most wives spent enough time cooking all the New Years food that they just want to order out. We can’t really do these traditional noodles take out so I’ll be making soup with noodles on New Year’s Eve.
- Gobo (Burdock) Root: for the simmered root veggies dish
- Takuwan (Pickled Daikon Radish) – I used this as a side dish for one of our meals over the weekend; might still have some left for New Years
- Oden (Fish Cake) Set: I don’t have a hot pot yet so might invite my friend who has one so we can all enjoy. Hubby hasn’t had this one yet
- Kamaboko (Fish cake, White) – I have the pink one in the freezer and I want to alternate because “red” and white is festive in Japan
- Chikuwa (another type of fish cake) – this will go in the oden set
- Datemaki (egg omelet with fish cake) – also for new years and I don’t make this from scratch but it’s my most favorite dish
- Nishiki White Rice – I am out of white rice and need this for rice stuffing for Christmas since my dad and stepfamily are coming over. They love rice
- Satoimo (taro root) – for the simmered root veggies dish
And there we have it. Also if there are any typos or grammatical errors I apologize in advance ; we had an early Christmas with another family I’m slight wine drunk as I write this. But let me know in the comments below what your Christmas/holiday plans are and until then…signing off!