Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post on ~Foodie with a Passion~! Happy Saturday and I hope you got sleep in for even just a little. Today’s grocery haul is relatively small. Just a few miscellaneous items here and there that we needed. We’re almost at the end of the month and very close to my grocery budget so my Costco and Trader Joe’s trip is going to have to be after next week when we’re in April. Can you believe it’s already April?! Oh boy! Well before we get started, make sure to click subscribe so you don’t miss another Foodie Fun 🤩
Alrighty! So this was just a quick trip to Safeway since things I needed were on sale. Perfect 👌
- Baby Bok Choy – I needed this for the stir fry on Friday night. Slightly more expensive than an Asian market but considering gas, I ended up getting it here.
- Pre-Sifted All Purpose Flour – I was almost out of flour and I planned to make carrot cake for Easter so I needed to replenish
- Cosmic Apples – also almost out of apples and these happened to be on sale. Normally Costco has a good size pack at about $1.27/lb but these were 99 cents/lb
- Cream Cheese – for a 2 pack, normally these cost close to $6 but I got these for $2.99. Definitely need it for the cream cheese frosting on the carrot cake
- Spiral Ham – 99 cents/lb on sale and this is the star of Easter dinner. Apparently this ham would have cost $27 but I got it for $9, a third of the price
- Smart Foods White Cheddar Popcorn – we have microwave popcorn at home but when you want popcorn you’re heating up the entire thing and you want to eat it while it’s still hot. So these happened to be on sale for $2.99 if I bought 2 or more…
- Lay’s Wavy Chips Original – so we ended up getting a bag of chips. My Maui chips are nearing the expiration so I wanted to make sure we had chips at home
And that’s a wrap! Let me know in comments below what you picked up at the store this week and until then… signing off!