Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post on ~Foodie with a Passion~! It’s Friday which means we’re here at the weekend! Before we dive into today’s topic, don’t forget to subscribe to this blog so you don’t miss another Foodie Fun 🤩
Alrighty…so today, I’m sharing a recipe that is super easy and delicious. I learned this recipe while working in one of the nursing homes I was a prep cook for and have taken this recipe to other kitchens I’ve been at. A former resident of mine shared this recipe with me and ever since, I cook it at home as well. I did adapt it slightly this time since I was experimenting but the base recipe is the same.
Bear with me here in the picture since I took a bite out of that bread before taking the picture. I couldn’t help that I was hungry 😋
- Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken Thighs or Leg Quarters
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper, Garlic Powder
- South African Smoked Seasoning Mix, Thyme (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F, line aluminum foil on a sheet pan or 9×13 casserole pan and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Pat chicken skin dry and line on the pan. Drizzle olive oil on chicken and sprinkle onion soup mix, making sure the crispy onions pieces are on top so they crisp up while cooking. Season with the rest of the seasonings and place in the oven.
3. Cook for 25-30 min or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F or higher and juices run clear.
Super simple, serve with some veggies and potatoes/bread/pasta/rice pilaf; just about anything. Let me know in the comments below if you try this recipe and tell me how it turned out!
Today’s second topic is just a brief overview of my current workout routine. Now that I know what dress I’m wearing, I know where I need to tone or where to work on.
My current routine includes a 30-min walk every day with 15 min of Zumba on week days for my short break and an area to tone with two “rest days”. Sunday is Back, Monday is Hips and Waist, Tuesday is Arms, Wednesday is Rest Day, Thursday is Abs, Friday is Legs/Thighs and Saturday is another Rest Day. Hopefully I can get stronger and also look awesome in my dress! Let me know in the comments below what your current workout routine is.
And that’s a wrap for today; until then… signing off!