Hello everyone and welcome back to ~Foodie with a Passion~! Happy Friday everyone…we’ve made it through another week! Before we dive into anything, don’t forget to subscribe to ~Foodie with a Passion~ so you don’t miss another Foodie Fun 🤩
Alrighty! So as promised from Mondays post, this week is the third Thursday of the month, which means it is Military Discount Day at Fred Meyer!! As long as it is a Kroger, Private Selection and Simple Truth (essentially the Kroger Store Brand/Private Label), you get 10% off the listed price.
- Shred Cheese – just finished the last of the previous bag of what we had in the fridge so I picked up the Nacho & Taco Blend as well as the Colby Jack. I also had a coupon to use so along with 10%, I got 85 cents off the two bags combined
- Butter Unsalted – butter is so expensive these days so next time it’s on sale, I’m just going to buy it and freeze it. Also always use unsalted butter this way you can control the salt content in whatever you’re making with butter.
- Assorted Greek Yogurts – Chobani and Oikos today. Their current promotion was buy $7 worth and get $3 off. Seems like we got it according to the receipt.
- Assorted Frozen Veggies – mixed, Italian, California and Brussels is what I picked up. As it gets closer to winter, I’ll be stocking up on frozen veggies in case I can’t get to the grocery store.
- 50/50 Salad Mix – for the salads of the week I have some on our menu for lunch (main meal) and dinners (sides)
- Assorted Beans – beans are always useful and since they’re canned, they will last. From salads to Mexican food to soups to chili, can attest to making many meals out of this
- Salsas (Black Bean and Corn and Thick & Chunky Mild) – BBC for the fiancé and TCM for me since I’m a weak sauce when it comes to spicy foods
- Diced Tomatoes – the fiancé plans to make a batch of chili for me and I’ll use mine in soups
- Old Fashioned Oats – I’m the only one who actually eats oatmeal (aside from using them in baking) so one tin lasts me at least a couple months.
- Kraft Caesar Dressing – I’ve been missing my caesar dressing as I’ve been using Thousand Island since it was what we had in the pantry
- Macaroni and Cheese – two boxes and can’t do BBQs without Mac n cheese
- Simple Truth Roasted Peanuts – I’ve gotta have my peanuts for my yogurt and oatmeal’s
- Red Onion, Carrots – basic mirepoix aside from celery that I already had in the fridge
- Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Green Onions, Sliced Mushrooms (not pictured) – these already went in the fridge and forgot to take a picture. Whoops.
- Garlic and Onion Powder – needed to replenish the one that was out and the one that was old, respectively.
- Gum – for the fiancé since I don’t chew gum
- Elysians Dragons Milk (not pictured) – also for the fiancé’s. Apparently it was cheaper than Costco today 🤷♀️
- Johnsonville Vermont Maple Syrup Sausage Links – you can tell these were already broken into because we did breakfast for dinner Thursday night 😂
- Ground Pork – I’ll probably make another batch of potstickers to freeze for easy meals
- Pork Tenderloin – on sale for some price that I can’t remember. I’m pretty sure there is an Instant Pot recipe I can do with it and make a few meals out of it
- Beef Broth – always good to have brown in the pantry. For soups, gravies and stews. Winter is coming!
- Banana – and as always, a banana for me.
And there you have it. Since I was stocking up I kind of spent a lot but I definitely like to utilize the discount days to do so. Let me know in the comments below what ingredients you use to stretch your meals. Have safe weekend and until then… signing off!